Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pivot this.

"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts." Reflect on how the web is not just a source of information, but a birthplace of information. How will you encourage the development of the information literacy skills our students will need for their futures?

Wow. I am currently suffering from brain burn-out as the last few days of school dwindle down.... and this is a super big question. Can I take a pass, please? Seriously. Are you trying to torture me, Paul?

Sigh. Here goes.

The web rocks. I don't know how I lived without it. I don't know how teachers taught without it. As I watched my students create glogs, blogs and prezis this year, I saw them contributing to the web of information that is out there. As they learn, I learn. To be honest, I feel like I'm always trying to catch-up and sometimes I am overwhelmed, but often excited too, by all that is possible. I'm still reeling from Gary Flake's Pivot application.

I will continue to encourage my students to develop their information literacy skills and I will continue to upgrade mine!

1 comment:

  1. We used to teach for a different world and the tools were more than appropriate. But, times have changed and will continue to do so at an increased pace. Unfortunately some are still preparing students for a world that no longer exists.

    ReplyDelete