Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Thoughts on Google Apps...

I LOVE GOOGLE APPS!!!

Now let me tell you why....

1) Collaborative
2) Portable
3) Easy to use

Shared Google Docs allow students, teacher, administrators to all work on the same document in real time. This means that students can work on group projects together and peer edit each others work. Teachers can collaborate on curriculum, teaching strategies and ideas, as well as student needs. Administration and teachers can minimize meeting time and maximize efficiency during meetings.

GMail, Google Talk and Chat allow us to stay in touch. I find I have more meaningful and frequent contact with parents. I can easily create groups and send out emails quickly. I can send an instant message to a colleague regarding a student or the answer to a quick question.

Google Calendar allows me to create several calendars that I can share with my classes, student groups, colleagues and parents.

With Google Apps, I can take my work with me anywhere. I have all my resources, contacts, and calendars. It doesn't matter what computer I'm on or what country I'm in - as long as I have internet, I can do it all!

Not only do students learn how to use Google Apps easily, so did I! I find it easier than the software I have been using for years. I never have to worry about losing my work with the life-saving autosave feature. I can easily organize all my docs, emails, and calendars into groups and folders.

Do you love Google Apps too?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it constantly surprises me how quickly our students pick this up - and I'm talking grade 3+

    ReplyDelete